Sunday, October 7, 2012

NFL WEEK 5

With kickoff looming, here are my blazing hot, stone cold, lead pipe, shoe ins!

BENGALS -3 over Fins - Miami's may be better than they looked to start the season - a low bar to jump over but still worth noting.  The Bengals look shakier than they did last year.  Either way, only a crazy person takes Miami on the road.

Packers -6.5 over COLTS - Half point more and this looks like a push to me or a home dog cover.  I think the Pack are putting it together.  Slowly recovering from the Seattle Debacle.  They'll take it out on Indy.

CHIEFS +6.5 over Ravens - I can't tell you a single thing about KC.  Are they a team on the rise? Do they have lots of weapons? Based on how up and down terrible they've looked, I just can't say.  I can tell you the Ravens are one of the five best teams in the NFL.  Still, there's something I like about Kansas City at home.  I'm throwing my hands up - home dog, that's the pick.

Browns +9 over GIANTS - This shouldn't even be close but for some reason the G-Men never seem to play as well at home as on the road and they also never stomp on those teams they are so clearly better than. 

STEELERS -2.5 over Eagles - Bye week, the fear of going to 1-3, all their healthy players back.  The Steelers are amped for this game.

Falcons -3 over SKINS - In some game soon RG3 will get broken into RG4 or RG5.  He's taking too bad a beating to make it through a whole season.

Seahawks +3 over PANTHERS - I know this goes against what I promised just last week of actively rooting against Seattle but come on! Those DB's against Cam Newton?  This isn't even fair.  How many picks does Cam throw?  I'm setting the o/u at 3.5.

JAGS +6 over Bears - Good game, bad game, bad game, good game.  This is the pattern of the Bears.  I'm expecting a lull here.

Titans +6 over VIKES - I'm a believer in Minnesota.  I'm impressed.  This team is for real. That being said, the Titans HAVE TO WIN this game to keep their season from flushing down the toilet.  I think the Vikings win, just not by 6.

Broncos +7.5 over PATS - Despite two loses New England still commands a touchdown favorite advantage at home? Over a team with an excellent D, a solid run game and Peyton Manning at QB? Even post whiplash surgery, Peyton is a tough quarterback to bet against. Pats win but by a lot closer to 3 than 7.

Bills +11 over 49ERS - Too many points for a Niners team that can't score lots of points.  Beating the crap out of a horrible Jets team doesn't make the Niners all of the sudden a high scoring O.  Plus, this Bills team tends to bounce back after big beatings.

SAINTS -3 over Chargers - Four weeks into the season and Norv Turner has proved my wrong more often than he's proved me right.  That will not keep me from continuing to bet against him.  GEAUX SAINTS!

Texans -8 over JETS - No Revis. No Holmes. No Keller, Hill or Conner.  This Jets team banged up, poorly coached, has zero quality qb play.  In a nutshell, this Jets team is atrocious. 

This week: 1-0 after taking Rams +3 over Cards.  Seriously, if you were friends with me on facebook you'd have seen that pick.

Last week: 7-8

Overall: 30-31-2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment