Sunday, September 9, 2012

NFL WEEK ONE (SUPER) PICKS!

On the one year anniversary of the passing of my Father I will squeeze in a quick round of NFL picks before heading off with my Mother and Sister to spread some ashes Big Lebowski Style.


And no, we have no permits.  We don't need no stinking permits.

BEARS -9.5 over Colts - If Andrew Luck could also play defense I'd take the points but he can't so I'm fully expecting the Colts to get stomped by the Bears offense.

Eagles -8 over BROWNS - I predict the high point for Cleveland fans today will be the chance to BOO the legacy of Art Modell.  Oh, wait, the NFL's decided to not bother a single second of acknowledgement of his contribution to the city and the league because they expect a poor reaction.  Stay classy, Cleveland.

Bills +3 over JETS - The Bills looks strong, the Jets can't score. The Rex Ryan Eventual Unemployment Watch begins today.

SAINTS -7 over Skins - Unless, by chance, in a stunning move of juvenile power positioning, Roger Goodell decides to suspend the entire Saints D because they won't stop making funny faces at him!

Patriots -5.5 over TITANS - Jake Locker's first start of the new season and he's not even getting Six Points!  Vegas has far more faith in him than I do.

VIKINGS -3 over Jags - Even more amazing Blaine Gabbert on the road and Vegas only gives him 3?  They must really not like Christian Ponder.

TEXANS -13 over Dolphins - This line could be 20 and I'd still be laying the points.  The Dolphins look BAD.  FYI - this line started at 6.5 - it literally doubled over the week.  Absolutely no one believes in the Dolphins.

LIONS -9 over Rams - I like the chances for the Rams this year but not on the road, in Detroit on opening day. 

NINERS +5.5 over Packers - Call me crazy but I can't envision Green Bay pulling off another year of zero D, very little running game and throwing the ball fifty times a game and dominate.  Especially against a team with a great D and a power run game.  Also, Lions + Niners = Great teaser bet.

Falcons +2.5 over CHIEFS - I cannot believe this line! Atlanta looks like one of the best teams in the league.  What's KC gonna be? Second in the West? 

Panthers -1 over BUCS - I'm no Ron Rivera fan but I'm no fool either.  This seems like an impossibly low line. 

CARDS +3 over Seahawks - I really don't like either one of these teams so I'll take the home team with the points on opening day.  Also, I look forward to the eventual shot of Matt Flynn and Kevin Kolb chatting with each other on the field:  "Can you believe how much money they wasted on our mediocre talent?"  "I know, it's crazy right!"

Steelers +2 over BRONCOS - I expect the Steelers to come in with a chip on their shoulder over how they went out in the playoffs last year.

Bengals +8.5 over RAVENS - I'm torn on this game.  The Ravens have a big emotional lift with Modell's passing but the Bengals strike me as a team with very real potential this year.  If the spread were two points lower, I'd go the other direction.

RAIDERS pick'em over Chargers - Much like Rex Ryan, the Norv Turner Eventual Unemployment Watch begins on Monday.

So far this week, 0-1.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment