Friday, September 30, 2011

FOOTBALL!!!

I went 5 - 1 in my college picks last week but only 8 - 8 in the pros.  Not too bad overall but not nearly as good as my previous two undefeated weeks.  Which sadly went unrecorded so you'll have to trust me on it.  Without further ado, this weeks picks.

Detroit +1.5 over DALLAS - Six field goals?  Really, I'm supposed to be convinced that Tony Romo is a great leader because of six field goals?

New Orleans -7 over JACKSONVILLE - If you are in the Jacksonville area, tickets are still available!  Look at it as your chance to pick up a authentic Jacksonville jersey before they move to LA and it becomes an overpriced throwback.  Also, if you can find a seat close to the sidelines Jack Del Rio may ask you to suit up.

PHILLY - 9 over San Fran - I'm getting the feeling that The Niners are a lot tougher than I originally gave them credit for and Andy Reid's Eagles are a lot weaker than everyone else gave them credit for but there is simply no way in hell I'd bet on Alex Smith in a place like Philly with the Eagles needing a win.  I do like Harbaugh's staying in Youngstown gimmick.  If it pays off I'm sure we'll get a couple of weeks worth of annoying stories on ESPN about it. 

Washington -2 over ST. LOUIS - I was wondering why the Rams have looked so incredibly bad these first three weeks and then I realized Josh McDaniels is their Offensive Coordinator!  I'll be adding the Rams to my list of teams to bet against in almost every conceivable scenario.

CLEVELAND Pick'em over Tennessee - I've got to admit, I'm kind of a Colt McCoy fan.  He seems to have that certain thing that makes an otherwise ordinary quarterback a winner.  I've never felt that Hasselbeck has that thing. 

Buffalo -3 over CINCY - How does Marvin Lewis remain employed in the world of proffesional football?  As a head coach?  I could understand D-backs Coach Marvin Lewis or maybe Assitant to the Equipment Manager Marvin Lewis but Head Coach!?  Thank God the Bengals are in the same division as the Steelers.

KC +2 over Minny - Read an article on how McNabb refuses to tweak his form.  That's exactly what you want to hear as a Viking's fan how your washed up QB won't take instruction.  It worked out for Namath with the Rams and it worked out for Unitas with the Chargers.  No, wait, those didn't work out.  Not at all. 

CHICAGO -6.5 over Carolina - I would have had the cover on the Bears had that bullshit block in the back penalty not been called on Johnny Knox's amazing punt return.  I'm sticking with the Bears and betting on NFL Karma.

Pittsburgh +4 over HOUSTON - I know this is a great example of betting with your heart and not your head.  What can I say, I'm a huge Steelers fan.  I'm thinking they are on a one game on one game off type flow right now and as bad as they looked against the Colts they'll come out gangbusters against the Texans.  That's what I'm telling myself.

Atlanta -4.5 over SEATTLE - Even with the win last week the Seahawks still have Pete Carroll as their head coach and Tavarias Jackson as their QB.  Until that changes I'm taking Atlanta.

ARIZONA +1 over NY Giants - Looking for a post-big win let down here for the G-Men.  Tough to do the cross country travel in either direction and especially tough to stay up after a huge revenge game over a divisional opponent.

SAN DIEGO -7 over Miami - This pick can be explained in two words - Tony Sparano. 

Denver +13 over GREEN BAY - Too many points to not take them.  Plus with Orton struggling there's a chance that Timothy Tebow may see the field.  I'm excited about being able to see the hand of God come down from the heavens for the first time ever at a sporting event and point out the side he is rooting for. 

New England -5 over OAKLAND - I can't see the Raiders doing it two weeks in a row especially not after the Pats blew the Buffalo game.  That being said, as much as I hate the Pats I'd be happy to be wrong.

NY Jets +4 over BALTIMORE - Same can be said here.  Don't see the Jets getting clubbed two weeks in a row. 

TAMPA -10 over Indy - A chance to bet against Curtis Painter?  A guy that looks like the Dutch Boy Paints logo mated with Miss Piggy?  A guy that 73 year old Jeff George said he could do better than?  Yes, please.

College

BYU -8 over Utah State
Baylor -4 over K STATE
Clemson +7 over VATECH
Nebraska +10 over WISCONSIN
Washington +10 over UTAH







No comments:

Post a Comment