Saturday, December 24, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! NFL WEEK 16!!


I've heard a bunch of people complaining about the NFL playing on Saturday instead of Sunday because of Christmas.  I don't get it.  I'll take football any time I can get it and on top of that we still get a game tomorrow.  How is this a bad thing?

Denver -2.5 over BUFFALO - Poor Chan Gailey.  I'd bet early this season he actually started unpacking most of the boxes he's been storing in the basement since last year.  "It's okay, honey, we're good.  I'm gonna be here a while.  We can hang pictures up and everything.  I swear!"  Chan's going to be on the long list of coaches that get the boot at the end of this year.

CINCY -4 over Arizona - Bad news, Bengals fans, the Brown family increased their holdings in the team.  Furthering their commitment to mediocre and whenever possible down right terrible professional football. 

TENNESSEE -7 over Jacksonville - The Titans absolutely must win this game to stay in playoff contention and the Jags are one of the worst road teams in the NFL.  I'm not in love with this pick but I feel like Blaine Gabbert will help cement his status as the ultimate check-down QB and lead the Jags to a stunningly poor offensive performance.

Oakland +3 over KANSAS CITY -  Is Vegas actually sold on Orton and Romeo already or is this all because of the supposed "momentum" the Chiefs got because of the Packers win?  I don't get it.  I know Oakland's on a three game slide but they strike me as a much better team plus they travel pretty well.  They are 5-2 against the spread on the road.

NEW ENGLAND -8.5 over Miami - I'm gonna say braving the cold two weeks in a row is going to be too much for the Fins.  Also, I don't see them having enough legitimate scoring threats to keep this close. 

New York Giants +3 over NY JETS - Both teams have been wildly inconsistent.  Both have under performed in games that they had to win.  Both have shaky QB's with a knack for cringe worthy games and then miraculously pulling it out in the end.  The only reason I'm taking the G-men is because I like them better as a fan.

PITTSBURGH -11.5 over St. Louis - There is no way for me to feel good about this pick no matter what side I take.  A bet on Charlie Batch is like piling your money up and setting it on fire but does anyone actually expect the Rams to play well against the Steelers looking for a little revenge after losing to a Niners team they are clearly better than with a healthy Roethlisberger? 

WASHINGTON -6 over Minny - Any chance the Vikes coaching staff pulls out all the stops to lose this game, grab the number one pick and dump Ponder for Luck even though Ponder looks like a guy that can be a legit QB in the NFL?  I say yes!

CAROLINA -6.5 over Tampa - I'm pretty sure anyone that was on the fence about Josh Freeman and Raheem Morris belonging in the NFL as a starting QB and a head coach climbed down off that fence weeks ago.

BALTIMORE -12 over Cleveland - We've seen this a couple times earlier in the season.  The Ravens under perform one week and then take out all of their frustrations on a lousy team the next.  This will be a drubbing.

San Diego +3 over DETROIT - The Chargers like to keep it interesting until the bitter end.  Even on the road, finally deciding to play to their full potential the Chargers are a much better team.

Philly +3 over DALLAS - I feel like I'm getting sucked into the whole "the Eagles are finally good" thing only to have it blow up in my face with some 41-14 showing against the Cowboys this week but I'm still not sold on the Cowboys.  I think they blow this game and miss the playoffs.

SEATTLE +2 over San Fran - The Seahawks are absolutely on fire!  The Niners will come down a bit after beating the Steelers.  I have a feeling they looked at that game as a proving point, that they could beat an elite team.  I expect them to have a hard time keeping that same intensity this week.

GREEN BAY -11 over Chicago - No Forte, no Knox, no Cutler = no offense.

Atlanta +7.5 over NEW ORLEANS - Two many points to give to a team that is just a capable of hanging a huge number on offense as the Saints are. 

This week so far - 0-1

Last week - 6-10 

No comments:

Post a Comment