Friday, December 9, 2011

NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL

I knew I shouldn't have taken the Steelers last night.  I freakin knew it!  I talked myself into because I love the Steelers and I hate to ever pick against them even though I know damn well it's a sucker bet to give up 14 points.  That's always the risk when picking for or against your favorite team, too much heart not enough head.

CINCY -1 over Houston - I'm impressed by Houston's ability to crank out the W's in spite of an ever mounting list of injuries but I've got to believe that run of luck ends now.  In Cincinnati, of all places.  Seriously, Cincinnati.  I'm as surprised as the rest of you.

Minny +12 over DETROIT - Minny is truly not bad enough to deserve this kind of a spread especially in a divisional game.  Plus it still looks to me like the Lions have slipped significantly.

New Orleans -3 over TENNESSEE - The Saints are hot again and the truth about the Titans is despite their record all season they have beaten the teams they should beat and lost to the teams that they should lose to.  And none of those loses have been particularly close.  Classic weak schedule = possible playoff spot team.  It happens to some squad every year.

MIAMI -2 over Philly -  A team that looks like they've given up (on the road) vs. a team trying to prove to everyone that they aren't as bad as their record (at home).  I'll take the Red Hot Dolphins.

NY JETS -10.5 over Kansas City - Had Dexter McCulster not been standing at the right place at the right time last week the Chiefs/Bears game would have ended in a 3-3 tie.  I don't see anyway the Chiefs can score enough points to keep this close.

WASHINGTON +9 over New England - The Pats gave up 24 points to the Colts.  The F'ing Colts!  The Skins are slowly improving (although anything would be an improvement from where they were during those John Beck games), they can run the ball and play D.  Should be enough to keep it close.

Atlanta -2.5 over CAROLINA - Falcons have to have this game in order to stay in the playoff hunt after last weeks loss.  The Panthers are out of it and we have reached the point in the season where guys on losing teams start making plans for the off season and stop showing up as much for games.

Tampa Bay -1 over JACKSONVILLE - Horrible v. Terrible.  Atrocious v. Disgraceful.  Inept v. Unskilled.  I am taking the Bucs simply because they still have the head coach and owner they started the season with.  Consistency like that should count for something.

Indy +18 over BALTIMORE - I'm only taking these points because I think Indy can score at least seven points and I don't think the Ravens can score more than twenty-one.  Also, the Ravens are one of those teams that have their worst games against the worst teams. 

DENVER -3 over Chicago - TEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

San Fran -4 over ARIZONA - Kind of feel like the Cards emotional OT win against the Cowboys last week was their Super Bowl.  Niners are too well coached to allow a let down after wrapping up the division last week. 

GREEN BAY -11 over Oakland - Packers cruise into the number one playoff spot in a whopping of the Raiders.  I'm thinking something to the tune of 38-14.  Fuck the Packers.  Fuck em.

SAN DIEGO -7 over Buffalo - I'm looking forward to the Chargers winning out the rest of their season, missing the playoffs because they dumped to Denver at home in OT and somehow Norv Turner winds up keeping his job because he's an AJ Smith lackey.  I love it when I can see the future.

New York Giants +4 over DALLAS - The Giants should have beaten the Packers last week.  I'm betting they know it, are pissed about it and are looking to take it out on somebody.  Giants are strong on the road and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we entering that certain part of the season when Tony Romo starts to fall apart? 

SEATTLE -8 over St. Louis - Pete Carroll has actually found a group of professional football players that respond to him!  This team could be in the hunt next year.  I'm amazed and impressed.

10-6 last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment