Friday, December 16, 2011

NFL WEEK 15 PICKS

I had written a little blurb to start this column about how I've been doing with my picks over the last month or so.  I deleted that as I did not want to jinx myself so I'll just say - I'm hoping that someone, somewhere is making a little bit of $$$ on them.  I'm already 1-0 for the week thanks for the Jags spending most of their remaining time this season working on their holiday plans.  Let's hope the Browns, Rams, Colts and the rest of the horrible teams that make up nearly half of the NFL are doing the same.

TAMPA +8 over Dallas - Jerry Jones gave little Opie Cunningham the dreaded statement of support.  He made it an emphatic one too.  That's never a good sign.  It looks to me like the Cowboys are reeling right now and as horrible as the Bucs they're playing at home and more than a touchdown on a home-dog is almost always a good bet.

BUFFALO +2 over Miami - Explain to me why the Dolphins fired Sparano after the team finally started to play up to their ability?  I know it happens in the NBA quite frequently but it's not often you see an NFL team intentionally tank their final four games in an effort to lock in a high draft pick.  I know the experts are claiming the Dolphins did it so they'd be in the hunt early for guys like Cowher, Fisher and Gruden but I don't buy it.  They didn't want to go from a possible top 5 pick all the way down to out of the top 10 which is where they looked like they were headed.

Seattle +4 over CHICAGO - The Seahawks are on Fire!  I am totally stunned by this as I was all but certain that the Pete Carroll era would be one of great comedy.  It's the total opposite.  If not for close losses to Atlanta (they'd probably still lose if they played again) and Cleveland (they would kill Cleveland if they faced them a second time) this team would be smack dab in the playoff hunt.  Also, Chicago is D-O-N-E.  You can see it on their faces.  Shell shocked by the injuries and the blown games. 

Tennessee - 6 over INDY - Jake Locker is for real!  I don't know if you'll see him in this game or not and I don't really think it matters but lookout 2012 and beyond because the Titans with Locker are going to be tough. 

Green Bay - 13.5 over KANSAS CITY - I'm no Todd Haley fan but it's hard to blame him for the wave of injuries that hit the Chiefs.  Seemed like from the very first week they were battling injury problems.  Either way, Romeo Crennel is only inspiring to fatties at a Hometown Buffet.  I don't know exactly what that means but that's how I feel.

Cincy -3.5 over ST LOUIS - The Bengals gave up 17 points in the fourth quarter to lose to TJ Yates and the Texans.  They've got to be pissed and although their playoff hopes are few and far between I'm guessing they are still looking for someone to take that choke job out on.  The Lambs look like a pretty good target.

New Orleans -6 over MINNY -  The Saints have to have this game in order to stay in the hunt with the Niners for the second playoff seed.  Even with AD's return and the Saints troubles on the road you've got to like them to win by at least 7.

NY GIANTS -6 over Washington - Now comes that time of year when the G-men run the table, save Coughlin's always tenuous job and head into the playoffs as the team no one wants to face. 

HOUSTON -4 over Carolina - Don't know how the Texans keep racking up the victories but they do so I'll jump on this bandwagon and see how long it takes to get thrown off.  Houston's D is pretty stout and it looks to me like more and more teams are catching up to Cam Newton over the last two months.

OAKLAND +2 over Detroit - I know the Raiders have looked beyond awful the last couple of weeks but that was against the Packer (best team in the league and FUCK GREEN BAY) and going all the way across the country to play Miami.  They're a different team at home and I think the Lions have a lot of in house issues going on right now. 

DENVER +7.5 over New England - Timmy Tebow.  That's my only reason for this pick.

New York Jets +3 over PHILLY - A team that has to win in order to stay alive in the playoff hunt vs. a team who's season was long gone about 4 weeks ago.  I'm going with the must win team every time.  Can't believe a 5-8 team is giving points to an 8-5 team.  Crazy.

ARIZONA -6.5 over Cleveland - Not that I would expect the Browns to win this game if McCoy was playing but having Seneca Wallace taking the snaps from center can't help their chances.  Also, it's kind of amazing but the Cards are almost half-way decent when playing at home.  Really, they are nearly a okay football team.

SAN DIEGO +3 over Baltimore - Phillip Rivers is playing like the Rivers of old.  The Chargers are making their trademarked late season last minute run. Norv Turner in an effort to save his job appears to be paying attention to whats going on out on the field.  This seems like 2010 and 2008 all over again right? 

Pittsburgh +3 over SAN FRANCISCO - If Roethlisberger plays than I'm happy to take these three points but if he doesn't I would have liked about three more.  Since this is the Monday nighter I reserve the right to change this pick based on injury report news come Monday.  Also - Free James Harrison!

Last week 10-5-1

So far this week  1-0








No comments:

Post a Comment