Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And then there was one

Tomorrow will be my last radiation treatment.  Twenty sessions, finally over.  I have dropped about fifteen pounds in the last three weeks of liquid dieting thanks to the radiation burning my esphogus.  I'm still around twenty five lbs heavier than when this all began but as it happens I've uncovered a miracle diet in the process.  I call it the Ensure/Boost/CheaperStoreBrand Diet.  All the info on how to execute this diet is already in the title.  Instead of eating deliciously meatly, fatty, sweet or salty solid food you switch to flavorless liquid meals in a bottle (a whole 8 oz!  You may want to split em up they're so darn filling) that come in a remarklably wide variety of three flavors.  When you include the options of purchasing Boost and/or the CheaperStoreBrand and the rainbow of three flavors that they also both come in and you are up to nine whole types of milky, chalky, bland drinks!  That a lot of the same damn thing!   

Lucky for me I've only got one session remaining.  That means starting tomorrow around 4:30 EST my side effects will gradually get worse for a period of two to three weeks before finally tapering off and then returning to normal over another two week period of time.  That's damn near five more weeks of dull as milky dishwater meals in a bottle.  I may make it back to my pre-cancer weight without touching a weight!  I'd be both thinner and flabbier.  Or maybe saggier would be a better description.  Either way it won't be pretty.  You can call me The Face.  Cause nobody would ever call me The Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment