Friday, January 20, 2012

Burning Daylight

I will be starting my cross country journey on Sunday.  I'm shooting for a 4:30am wake up and hitting the road by 5am.  Getting a jump on it.  That's what we call it in my family.  Any trip greater than five hours requires getting that jump.  I still haven't convinced the Lovely Girlfriend that this is the best way to travel.  A couple years ago my Ass Crack Of Dawn wake up calls were met with a firm "Fuck Off!" and her pulling the covers over her head.  Nowadays, she just grunts her disapproval but still manages to roll out of bed.  If I speak to her at all in those first few hours she makes a point of being unpleasant.  Stressing that it is my fault she's in such a bad mood because I'm the asshole who woke her up before she was ready.  I am slowly wearing her down.  In a year of two she'll be bounding out of bed bragging about how much time we're saving by beating traffic. 

TLG isn't making this road trip.  SugarDust is my co-pilot on this one.  He enjoys a 5am start time.  Sadly, I'm not 100% certain that he can read a map.  It's not too big a deal because neither can The Lovely Girlfriend.  At least he'll be pleasant in the morning.  Right now the plan is Maine --> New Jersey --> Cincinnati, OH --> Norman, OK --> Cheyenne, WY --> Estes Park, CO --> Las Vegas, NV --> Home.  Not the straightest of routes but with family and friends along the way we should have adequate food and shelter at every stop.  I'll try my best to post updates as we go.  Also, in an effort to give you the best possible blog experience I'll be attempting to add videos from our travels as well.  This probably won't happen as I'm technologically illiterate but at least you now know I'll be trying.     

No comments:

Post a Comment