Saturday, January 7, 2012

NFL PLAYOFFS WEEK 1

9-6-1 last week.  +17 for the season.  If anyone out there had been putting a little money down on my picks (say a paltry thousand bucks a game) you'd be up big for the season (17K!).  Let's keep that rolling in the playoffs. 

HOUSTON -3 over Cincy - Even with Yates in for Schaub and the outside chance that Jake Delhomme will come in and ruin things the Texans are a better team than the Bengals from top to bottom.  Throw in homefield advantage and three points don't look like much.

Detroit +11 over NEW ORLEANS - I really like the Saints here but some part of me just doesn't want to give up this many points.  Can't you see the Lions losing by 10?  Or making a valiant comeback in the fourth quarter, lining up for an onside kick with a minute or so to go and down by only a touchdown?  I can see it and I don't like it. 

NY GIANTS -3 over Atlanta - The G-Men are hot!  Eli looking befuddled in the playoffs!  I'm onboard!  Also, the Falcons lost to every truly solid team they played.  They're as big a fraud as the Patriots are.  That may be going a little too far.  The Pats are probably the worst #1 seed in playoff history.  I know this has nothing to do with Giants/Falcons but I couldn't resist pointing it out.

DENVER +9 over Pittsburgh - It kills me to take Denver.  I keep telling myself this is not about me believing that the Steelers will win (I do) but rather by how much.  The fact is the Steelers have not been blowing out teams all season and especially after Roethlisberger's injury.  The offense is inconsistent.  Without Mendenhall they'll have even more problems establishing a ground game.  They'll win but not by much.

No comments:

Post a Comment