Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Frequently Infrequent

Once again I am apologizing for my lack of posting in the last week. In the nineteen days since my triumphant return to the West Coast it seems I am always putting off this blog in exchange for a variety of favorite things to do in LA. I have yet to establish a daily routine since my return but instead I am visiting one part of town or another to remind myself just how much I've missed in the last seven months. New bars and restaurants, old hangouts and sunny sandy beaches. All the things I've pined for during the bleak existence that is Winter in Maine. It has not disappointed. Throw in the fact that I finally get to sleep in my California King Sized bed with my California Petite Sized Girl and Los Angeles quickly becomes everything I'd remembered and much much more. I could use my recovery from cancer as my go to excuse but I won't. Hopefully, based on the picture I've painted, you understand my lack of diligence to the written word. Oh, yeah, and I've gotten myself a job. I know, I know, I'll allow for a few minutes for all of you to regain your composure before I continue.

Okay, moving on, I've got a job. It doesn't pay much but it's a start. I am now the Social Media Administrator for Koreatown Plaza. I have no qualifications for this job other than I'm dating the girl that is in charge of hiring the position. As it turns out I'm not half bad at it. It helps that I love, L-O-V-E, Korean food (all Asian food really. Okay, I love food in general but honestly, Korean food is one of my favorites) and luckily a big part of the job is eating at the food court there. And taking pictures of food. Something else I'm a fan off so I can remember exactly what that delicious meal looked like when I think back on it. What can I tell you, I'm a fatty and this is how fattys think. You'd all be doing me a big favor by going to the www.facebook.com/koreatownplaza and clicking "like." I don't think I'm in any danger of losing my job as long as I keep giving my boss the good stuff a few dozen times a week (she's a vixen this one) but it wouldn't hurt to pad the stats. Also, I think I'm building a pretty strong sexual harassment case. I don't think I should have to give her my weekly updates from her lap.

Finally, if you have not yet noticed, this site is what might be called perpetually under construction. I am nearly incapable of navigating even the simplest of web instructions so figuring out things like how to add photos, videos, links, ads, even simple blog posts tend to take awhile. As such, a large part of this website will remain incomplete for quite some time. I am aware that this flys in the face of conventional web wisdom but like all things in life that I do not bother to comply with I simply do not give a shit. It'll get done when and if it gets done and it'll in all likelihood get done wrong. That's sort of my signature move - wrong and not in a timely manner. Again, cancer is the easiest of excuses to lean on for the various starts and stops but I'm not doing that any longer. I'm recovering from all those treatments and by drudging it up every time I fall behind is not doing me any favors. Nope, I just won't do it.

First on my list of priorities is figuring out how to get some ad space up. If my dream of doing nothing but spouting my opinions for a living is to one day come true I've got to start capitalizing on my hits. Admittedly, I have zero idea as to how many people need to hit this site on a regular basis in order to make this dream a reality but hell, I've put the time in setting the damn thing up. I may as well turn a buck for doing it. So if you've got any inside info on how to work this whole interweb thing and feel like sharing it please send it on to me. I could use the help. Which reminds me, The Help is a damn good movie. Since I'll be adding movie reviews to this site shortly I'll start with that one. Look for it soon. Yes, I know I'm about six months too late on this. Gimme a break, haven't you heard I've had cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment