Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Very Mature Decision

So this weekend's wine getaway has been canceled in exchange for a much needed new refrigerator – my first new fridge in since, well, ever. This is also The Lovely Girlfriend's first ever brand new refrigerator. I believe this somehow makes us an official grown-up couple. Some would say it's a wedding. We've both been married before and yet neither of us ever managed to buy a brand new fridge so I'll argue this is a far more important step.
Our old fridge had previously been my outdoor beer fridge in North Hollywood. I paid fifty bucks for it at the end of a film shoot. It was at least a decade old when I got it. It kept anything in it icy cold and never got that awful ice build up that old freezers tend to get. It's demise came in the form of a broken hinge. I'm sure with searching parts are available for it somewhere. However, since the name brand, make and model had all worn off the various parts of the fridge it would have taken a little more effort than I was willing to put in on a three year old fifty dollar purchase.
So I went on craigslist. The land of call girls, roommate scams and job postings that have been flagged by assholes that already applied and didn't want anyone else to get the chance. Found a relatively new fridge for free. The girl warned me that the door didn't always close shut without some help but otherwise it was tip top. I took it home and plugged it in. In the week since no dairy product has made it longer than twenty four hours inside the fridge. Either it broke in transit, the chick was lactose intolerant so there never was any dairy in the fridge to being with or she liked her milk chunky. So after a week of the free fridge we determined a change had to be made. We've got two weeks until the new one gets delivered. That's two weeks without half and half for our coffee. Our Starbucks runs have increased dramatically.
On top of all of this, our decision not to take a weekend getaway was a fiscally responsible one! Yeah, we are officially an adult couple now. It's just a matter of time before I dress in St. John's Bay clothing from JC Penny's and the LG starts scrap booking. Ah, just think of how mechanical and infrequent the sex will become!

No comments:

Post a Comment