Saturday, October 8, 2011

Any suggestions?

Anyone that had two months and one week in the office pool of when I'll run out of things that I feel the need to pontificate on - you win.  I'm out of ideas.  For the last couple of days I've felt healthy and nothings been bothering me.  Therefore I've got very little to bitch about.  Since I am out of anything else to say, I will dedicate this post to a good friend that has been clamoring for a post to be dedicated to her.  She's broken me down.  She's getting her way. 

I will call her Celebrity Photo-Op as she has more photos of herself with TV and movie stars than anyone I've ever met outside of Los Angeles.  She has been a long time friend of the family.  Someone that is always there.  Whether she's been asked to be there or not.  Seriously, just try to get rid of her.  I dare you.  Celebrity Photo-Op has been a part of our extended family for as long as I can remember.  Or perhaps it's as long as I care to remember - it's tough to distinguish between the two. 

Over a month ago when my Father's health took a turn for the worse and he was admitted to the hospital, Celebrity Photo-Op was there each day.  Making an hour plus drive up to sit with us, share stories, run errands, basically anything we might need shy of scoring us quality street drugs to help our family out.  At the end of the day she'd make the hour plus drive back home with the promise that we'd be seeing her again the next day.  She did this until my Father eventually passed two weeks later.  I'm not certain if she has a job or if the people she works with were just happy to get the two week break.  Either way, she was there for my family.  Without fail.

She delivered my Sister's list of Top Ten Things My Father Taught Me at his funeral when my Sister knew she would be unable to get through them without breaking down.  She joined us on our failed mission to spread his ashes and I'm certain that once we work out all the kinks in the plan she will be there for the second attempt.  She has consistently helped get the word out about this blog since my first posting.  Only asking for a meger 10% cut of the profits in return.  In short, Celebrity Photo-Op is as close to family as you can get and because I have run out of anything else to write about I dedicate this post to her.

Also, here's my college picks for the week. 

Iowa +4 over PENN STATE
VA TECH -7 over Miami
Auburn +10 over ARKANSAS
NEBRASKA -10 over Ohio State
TCU -4 over SAN DIEGO STATE

2-3 last week.  17-4 overall.



   

2 comments:

  1. Jules...I KNEW I would wear you down eventually. Thanks for this post - I wouldn't have been anywhere else but with you guys during your dad's last two weeks. And let's not forget that I let you walk after chemo and got you that fabulous $2 lunch. You're welcome. And...after this nice post...I only want 5% of your blog profits. You're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. celebrity Photo Op....I love it!! This is a wonderful dedication for a wonderful girl!!

    ReplyDelete