Monday, October 17, 2011

Calling All Show Runners!

I'm assuming that at this point the Fun With Cancer blog is on the tip of every one's tongue in Hollywood.  I say this because I know, literally, several people (possibly five, probably four) that are Big Time Fringe Players in Hollywood!  That's right, I know, very impressive.  These people aren't just on the outside looking in like the rest of us.  They are Almost on the Inside!  If you are a friend of mine in Hollywood that is reading this and saying to yourself - wait a minute, I'm on the inside, Jules is all wrong - perhaps you've been given a promotion since we last hung out.  We should grab a beer (on you of course, you Hollywood Player, you) and catch up on your incredible success.

I point this out because I have stumbled upon a fantastic hour-long drama idea and I want this blog to be the place were I unleash it on the world.  All the Big Time Fringe Players in Hollywood that I am friends with can spread the word and VOILA!  Next years breakout drama is on our hands!  Technically, The Ladies Man honed my idea down into a series format but since he doesn't have a blog and I am the closest thing he has to a Hollywood connection (although he did once run into Alec Baldwin in an elevator, he should follow up on that) I don't think he will mind me taking all the credit. 

The Ladies Man is a mixed bag of ideas, most of them brilliant.  Example A - Since we are all out of booze, let's borrow this power boat and zip around this poorly marked, overcrowded harbor during a foggy, starless night.  Brilliant!  We made it back unscathed.  Example B - I want to break up with this girl but I don't want to go through the hassle of a long drawn out conversation.  I'll have my buddy, Trotsky Goldblum, (he looks a little like Leon and a little like Jeff) do it.  Trotsky Goldbulm will fold like a cheap suit under the kind of questioning this she-devil will put him under.  Not so brilliant.  Ladies Man got engaged to her first then they broke up.

There is no denying that this idea is a brilliant idea.  I call it TERMINAL JUSTICE.  In our first episode our hero, A Rising Star Detective, learns he's got incurable cancer on the same day his biggest collar, a Mob Kingpin, walks out of prison on a technicality.  Based on the doctors best guess he's got no more than a year to live -- and to see that justice is served!  Terminal Justice, that is!  Our hero bends and breaks all the rules, much to the dismay of his Lieutenant, in an effort to put the Mob Kingpin back behind bars!  Somewhere near the end of the first season his Oncologist will discover a controversial new treatment that will keep our Rising Star Detective out on the streets hunting down the scourge of the city!  And provide us with ample storylines for season two!  There are a lot of exclamation points in this!! 

This is a can't lose idea.  I'm betting that as you read this as many as a few people (possibly four, probably three) are picking up their cell phones and calling someone.  About something totally unrelated to this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment