Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Know How To Pick Em

Okay, let me start by apologizing to all of you that have been waiting since Friday for my NFL picks.  After going a whopping 6-10 last week I'm sure many of you have been holding off on placing any bets until you see my picks.  So you can bet the other way.  Be warned, my two week slide ends today.  I've gone back and studied the last four weeks and come to some conclusions.  First, the league is filled with a lot of very ordinary teams.  Second, even some of the supposedly Good Teams are actually ordinary teams that have to this point fooled most of the league.  With that in mind, here are my picks.

MINNY -2.5 over Arizona - Too bad teams but one is on the road.  I'll take home bad over road bad and hope that McNabb doesn't continue his valiant attempt to make everyone forget his previous career in Philly.

Cincy -1 over JACKSONVILLE - Betting on Cincy on the road + giving away points (even if it's just one) = bad decision.  However, I've come to believe betting on Jacksonville in any situation = worse decision.

INDY -2.5 over Kansas City -  More of the same, bad team versus bad team and I'll take the one playing at home.  Let's got Dutch Boy Paints!

New Orleans - 6 over CAROLINA - Cam Newton is killing me.  He's got everyone convinced that he's going to be great when all he's really doing it putting up huge passing numbers on D's that are playing it safe because they are covering a big lead. 

Oakland +6 over HOUSTON - Bounce back game for Oakland, let down game for Houston.  Throw in honoring Al Davis and I can see Oakland routing the Texans today.

Philly -2.5 over BUFFALO - The Eagles absolutely have to win this game otherwise their season is pretty much down the toilet.  Simple as that.

NY GIANTS -9.5 over Seattle - The G-men are good!  The Seahawks are terrible, they are on the road, on the other side of  the country with a 1pm EST game.  You could double this line and I'd still be all over it.

PITTSBURGH -3 over Tennessee - I know, this is another home team bet but damn if I don't think the Steelers still have some good football left in them.  At home, all banged up, isn't this the perfect time for them to Make A Stand?  God, I hope so.

SAN FRAN -3 over Tampa - Tampa's playing on the other side of the country after a Monday Nighter that was surprisingly tougher than expected.  I feel like I'll regret this one as well but I still believe in the Monday Night Hangover betting axiom.

NY Jets +9.5 over NEW ENGLAND - This line opened at 8 and if you look online you'll find it anywhere from 7.5 to 9.5.  That's incredible.  Obviously, no one knows what to make of the Jets after they got clubbed by the Ravens.  I'm gonna say they are still a very solid team, maybe not great but neither are the Pats.  Divisional game, Pats coming back from a long road trip, I'm going with the Jets.

San Diego -3.5 over DENVER - Is it possible that Norv Turner has figured out how to prepare a football team to win games prior to week seven of the season?  It certainly seems that way.  I know, I know, I'm as shocked as you are.

ATLANTA +6 over Green Bay - Okay, Atlanta, I'm warning you.  Screw this pick up for me and I'm done with you for the rest of the season.  You will be officially put on the Dead To Me List..  You don't want to be on that list.  Consider yourself on notice.

Chicago +6 over DETROIT - I would imagine that two games in a row of having to come back from down three touchdowns would be exhausting.  I'm at least willing to take six points on that theory. 

Last week - 6-10 
Overall - 46-18

No comments:

Post a Comment