Thursday, October 27, 2011

What's on Your Mind?

Chemo Brain apparently.  Yesterday, while meeting with my Oncologist, Hans Gruber, I mentioned that for the last month or so I've seemed a little hazy.  I've been extremely forgetful (sorry, GGD and Miss Bossy Pants for flaking on dinner) had a hard time concentrating and on numerous occasions lost complete track of time.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am nothing if not remarkably punctual.  I'm not kidding.  I cannot stand it when people are late.  I also never need to write things down as I remember just about everything (and I don't want to leave a paper trail.  Hey, you never know).  He informed me that I am probably suffering from Chemo Brain.  When I got home I forgot to look it up.  This morning I remembered.  I looked it up.  I've already forgotten what I found.

I'm certain that right now several women along with my Lovely Girlfriend are all thinking the same thing.  You never remembered any of the shit I told you.  Well, that's because most of the time what you said had something to do with looking fat or not in a new outfit, bed linens and drapery or your hair.  If you'd ever bothered to talk sports, movies or cars with me, I would have listened.  I was also, in all likelihood, probably pre-occupied with thoughts of the next time we would be sleeping together.  So really it's kind of a compliment that I wasn't listening.  If you weren't so hot I could have concentrated more. 

Womenfolk and how they can prattle on aside, I am normally sharp as a tack.  Some might even say brilliant.  Okay, I'd say it and if you'd say it too I'd happily return the favor whether I believed it or not because I'm considerate like that.  Did you not read the wonderful compliment I just paid to all those attractive women that I had to listen drone on in order to see them naked?  Just call me brilliant and we can move on...  I'm waiting... I can stay here all day... Okay, thank you.  I'm sure you're brilliant too. 

I've been feeling a lot less brilliant these days.  When I was coming back from the camp last weekend(pictures and re-cap coming tomorrow) I got lost on the way home.  On the same road I was on just 48 hours before.  I had to make a single turn and I missed it.  This was not a tricky road either.  This was a clearly marked, easily seen turn.  And I missed it.  I drove about twenty miles out of my way before realizing I had gone way, way too far.  I often forget what I am supposed to be doing even though most of the time what I am doing these days involves sitting on the couch.  My frequency of blog postings has slipped dramatically as well.  When I started this site my intent was to write something everyday.  My hope was that most of it would be clever.  While the later has quite obviously been satisfied in spades the former is greatly lacking.  I form these hysterical ideas in my head and before I can even grab a piece of paper (I've resorted to writing things down now) it will have already slipped from my grasp. 

Chemo brain, it's not a.... wait, what was I talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment