Monday, November 28, 2011

A cure for the common cold

I know it sounds silly to bitch about nearly anything after beating cancer but damn do I feel like hell today.  Apparently I caught a cold last night.  With the exception of a mild case of Hodgkin's Lymphoma I am rarely sick.  Once a year tops.  I admit, I am a total and complete baby when I am sick.  I will expect to be completely catered to once my Lovely Girlfriend arrives home from work.  I will want her to bring me my food, clean up after me, bring me tea, basically all the same things I expect from her on a daily basis with the exception of tea.  I'm normally a coffee drinker and she better bring it to me at the right temperature or else!  Kidding, kidding.  I always have her test it first, I wouldn't want to risk burning my tongue. 

My throat is sore, my nose won't stop running and my eyes burn.  Even though it's in the 80`s outside in late November and I am only in California for another week I don't have the energy to spend the day outside.  I am in full Occupy Living Room mode.  I have watched a couple hours of car auctions, most of the Dan Patrick Show and I'm now onto back episodes of Boardwalk Empire and Treme.  I am as well caught up on the comings and goings of my friends on Facebook as I could ever hope to be.  I even cast an online vote against Miley Cyrus and her supposed frequency of marijuana use on TMZ.com so you know for certain that I am at this point absolutely bored to tears.

Somebody come keep me company and bring some Chicken Soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment