Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been having loads of fun while on my West Coast Cancer Road Trip since I last posted.  I will be filling you all in on all the details eventually but for now a simple beat sheet (that's a hip industry term for those of you not in the hip Hollywood loop.  Have I mentioned that I'm a terrifically unsuccessful actor/writer? At least I know my proper industry jargon).  (that was a lot of stuff to type into a parenthetical)

Saturday - Big Time Cancer Party!  Picture a scene from Blow only without all the cocaine, the giant crowds of people dancing and the DEA/ATF agents.  I was, however, dressed exactly like Penelope Cruz.

Sunday - Drive to Paso Robles for wine tasting.  Nothing like the unintended pretentiousness that comes so naturally when tasting wine.  Also, the Lovely Girlfriend got drunk!  More on that later.

Monday - Arrive in San Francisco!  Thanksgiving week begins.

Tuesday - A business trip to Livermore that turns into a whole afternoon/evening with my cousin plus more wine tasting.

Wednesday - A blown transmission on a POS Saturn Ion!  A tow, a car rental and finally a dinner at a great pizza joint.

So that's what you'll all have to look forward to reading about in the days to come but right now I need to get to what's important.  FOOTBALL PICKS!  I was 10-3-1 last week and I'm feeling the mojo.  Here's my picks for the Thanksgiving Games.

DETROIT +7 over Green Bay - I'm hoping that this is the week that the Packers fall.  Last year the Lions D-line pounded Rodgers and they held that high scoring offense to just seven points.

Miami +7.5 over DALLAS - Miami is hot?  Dallas is hot?  How can two teams that are so poorly coached and so wildly inconsistent both be on the verge of four game winning streaks?  I've got no idea what to expect but I'll take the points.

San Fran +4.5 over BALTIMORE - The NFL has made it as hard as possible for the Niners to be successful.  Four west to east trips and this one on a short week.  This bet is solely based on the fact that Joe Flacco is still taking snaps for the Ravens.  That's how bad things have gotten with him.  I'm taking Alex Smith on a short week of prep and on the road! 

College Picks

Texas +8.5 over TEXAS A&M
Arkansas +12 over LSU
WVU -6.5 over Pitt
STANFORD -7 over Notre Dame

Last week - 2-2

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment