Friday, November 18, 2011

Football Friday! Week 11

A quick congrats to Tim Tebow for continuing to confound and bewilder the sports talk universe.  54 minutes of horrible quarterback play followed by five minutes of non-stop playmaking ability.  If I actually believed Tebow was a good quarterback I'd think he might be point shaving or something. 

CLEVELAND +1.5 over Jacksonville - I wish I was getting three points but since part of me believes that this game could end in a scoreless tie I'll take the points.  Also, I could not have been more wrong about Colt McCoy.  I used to think he had all the same intangibles of Tebow with even more talent now I think he may have less of both.

DETROIT -7 over Carolina - Okay, I am starting to feel a little more confident with my Cam Newton will not ever be a top-flight NFL QB.  Have you seen his last few games?  Now the league has got some film on him he's not looking quite so amazing.  I'm willing to bet it continues down hill throughout the season and over the next couple years until he winds up in a Vince Young-esque situation where the teams got loads of money tied up in him, his coach no longer wants to play him and he's lost the locker room. 

GREEN BAY -13 over Tampa - What the hell happened to Tampa?  Why on earth would they bring in Albert Haynesworth when the season looks like it's already lost, the team at times doesn't seem to play hard and you've got an impressionable young squad?  I doubt Raheem Morris's job is in trouble but he's got to be a little worried.

MIAMI Pick 'em over Buffalo - Home team pick, pure and simple.  If this game were in Buffalo I'd pick the Bills.  I have always hated the Dolphins, I think I've mentioned this before, but I kind of feel bad for their fans now.  They're probably out of the Luck sweepstakes, they could even save Sparano's job in which case they are the same team next year as this year.  Where does that get them?  Another 4-12 season?  On second thought, I kind of like the looks of that.  Go Miami!

MINNY +1 over Oakland - Remember my prediction from a couple weeks back.  The Vikes are the Hot Bad Team for the second half of the season.  Ponder is a legit NFL QB.  They can pound the ball plus they rush the passer.  Next year they are in the playoff hunt and the NFC North becomes the most loaded division in football.

WASHINGTON +8.5 over Dallas - I still can't buy into the Cowboys.  That's a lot of points for a divisional game even if Grossman and/or Beck are involved.  I'm probably going to regret this pick.

Cincy +9 over BALTIMORE - No Ray Lewis against a team that can pound the run.  The Bengals travel surprisingly well, Marvin Lewis is having another one of those "I'm gonna save my job this season" seasons that he seems to have every three years plus Andy Dalton is the best QB from the draft class of 2011!

Seahawks +3 over St. Louis - Coin flip.  No idea how this game will turn out other than it will almost certainly be hard to watch. 

SAN FRAN -9.5 over Arizona - Is it possible that the Niners are the second best team in the NFC?  I'm stunned.  Totally and completely stunned by this.  I would not want to be a visiting team come playoff time.

ATLANTA -6 over Tennessee - Tennessee has been surprisingly stout this year against some pretty good teams but the Falcons are now desperate for a W after blowing last weeks must have game against the Saints.  I can see them taking it out on the Titans.

CHICAGO -3.5 over San Diego - Norv Turner, on the road, the Chargers in cold weather, this is not looking good.  I'm kind of surprised it's not a six or seven point spread but I'm guessing that's based on the Chargers getting ten days of prep.  Here's the thing, if you had a team that lost four in a row and desperately needed to start playing with nasty streak in the hopes for a tough road win, wouldn't Norv Turner be the last coach on your list to accomplish this job?

NY GIANTS -4 over Philly - It's not entirely fair but I'm gonna say that this is looking like Andy Reid's swan song in Philly.  If I'm a San Diego fan or a Miami fan I am hoping and praying this happens.
 
NEW ENGLAND -14.5 over Kansas City - I'm a pretty big college football fan and when I heard Tyler Palko would be starting for the Chiefs I had zero clue as to where he played his college ball.  When I looked it up and saw he was a former Pitt Panther (a team that I always follow) I was stunned.  How could I have forgotten this guy?  Upon further review it turned out he'd finished his college career in 2006 and hasn't really played since. Not a good sign for the Chiefs.  You're starting quarterback should not also be a real estate agent during the off season.   

Last week - 9-7

College Picks

MICHIGAN -3 over Nebraska
OREGON -14.5 over Southern Cal
Washington -2 over OREGON ST
ARKANSAS -13 over Mississippi St.

Last week - 2-2

No comments:

Post a Comment