Sunday, November 27, 2011

NFL PICKS!

The Thanksgiving Week West Coast Cancer RoadTrip is finally, sadly, over.  The Lovely Girlfriend and I arrived back in Culver City at 8pm last night after a nearly two full days of leisurely touring California's Central Coast.  It was an amazing and much deserved trip for the both of us and I will be filling in all the details in the week to come but today I am bringing you my FOOTBALL PICKS!! 

ATLANTA -9 over Minny - No Adrian Peterson = No Chance For a W.  No chance for a cover even.  The Falcons will force Ponder to beat them and as much as I like him as a big time QB in the future I don't think he's capable of that right now.  Turner pounds the ball.  Ryan controls the game.  Falcons cover easy.

CINCY -7 over Cleveland - I'm hoping that the two loses to the Ravens and Steelers isn't enough to convince Cincy and their fans that they aren't really in the mix.  I'm hoping that it takes a crushing defeat at the hands of the Steelers next week to convince them of that.  Play hard and cheer hard Cincy!  Your hopes and dreams haven't been crushed yet.

TENNESSEE -3 over Tampa - I'm basing this pick entirely on my belief that despite the Packers incredible record the AFC is a stronger conference than the NFC.  So if two ordinary teams from separate conferences face each other I'll take the AFC, especially at home.  I know Hasselbeck has the whole arm thing going and the spread would probably be larger if that wasn't a question mark but I'm sticking with my theory.  Again, this is just a theory.

Carolina -2.5 over INDY - How is Carolina only giving up 2.5?  Are the experts expecting Carolina to not put a defense on the field for several plays during this game?  I don't get it.  We have seen repeatedly this season that the bye week does not mean what it once did. 

Arizona +3 over ST. LOUIS - Two horrible teams in the worst division in the NFL.  I would write more but I don't have enough apathy inside of me to bother. 

NY JETS -8 over Buffalo - Poor Buffalo.  You looked so real early in the season.  I was so excited to have you back in my life.  With Fred Jackson done for the season I've got to believe that so are your playoff hopes. 

JACKSONVILLE +7 over Houston - I simply cannot and will not bet on Matt Leinart.  I feel like this is chiseled in stone somewhere in the desert in Vegas. 

Chicago +3.5 over OAKLAND -  This is more a bet against Carson Palmer facing Chicago's D than a bet for the Bears.  I have no idea what will happen in this game.

SEATTLE -3 over Washington - Sexy Rexy vs the 12th man?  I'll take the Seahawks crazy fan base over the Shakiest Starting QB in the NFL.

New England -3 over PHILLY - I don't think much of the Pats this year but I think even less of the Eagles.  If my AFC v. NFC theory is correct, the Pats are a lot better than the Eagles. 

Denver +7 over SAN DIEGO - Looks to me like the Chargers have quit on Norv Turner.  I'd be shocked if he kept his job and absolutely floored if he ever got another shot at a head coaching job.

Pittsburgh -10 over KANSAS CITY - I'm perfectly comfortable with giving up double digit points to the Chiefs as a home dog.  Thank you, Tyler Palko and Todd Haley.

NY Giants +8.5 over NEW ORLEANS - Despite the choke job against Philly I'm still convinced that the Giants are a strong team.  On top of that, they need this game now more than they would have if they'd beaten the Eagles last week. 

So far this week - 1-2

Last week - 10-3-1

No comments:

Post a Comment