Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Remote Location

Don't ever let anyone accuse the people of Northern Maine of wanting to be found.

I've always appreciated the remoteness of Maine. The stillness. The tranquility. But My Good God, it should not take a twelve hour day of travel to go 450 miles!

This is how I ended my Cancer Roadtrip, slogging through Amtrak terminals, chasing down connecting T-lines and barreling through a down pour to make it home. It should not take more time to travel from New York, NY to Old Town, ME then it does to fly across the entire Continent - with a lay over.

But your trip down seemed so effortless, what changed? You may ask. Or don't ask, see if I care. I'm the one with cancer here, not you! Unless you are reading this and you actually have cancer, in which case - Fight on Brotha or Sista.

I'll tell you even if you didn't ask (selfish for not asking). My buddy, the Youngest Ever Lieutenant Colonel in the history of the Air Force, that took me on the Cancer Roadtrip, had to return to his wife, child and job - as the Youngest Ever Lieutenant Colonel in the history of the Air Force! Or maybe he isn't, the records are spotty at best. I tried to get him to take off more time to chauffeur me back up to Maine, promising him even more cliched sick-kid-on-a-roadtrip happenings but he couldn't do it. I know, I know, he's even more selfish than you are for not asking.

This is also what prevented me from posting yesterday, no wifi on either of my trains. They advertised wifi. According to the little logo on the outside of the trains we were supposed to get wifi but to no avail. As a result not only was I inconvenienced (a crime in it's own right) but so were my throngs of readers (almost 5000 views at this point and less then half from me hitting refresh!).

Now for the good news. A double post day! That's right, since yesterday I failed to fill your minds with stories of my valiant battle with cancer... okay, mundane daily activities, today I will give you Double the Jules! You ladies out there know what I'm talkin about.

So stay tuned. Same Cancer Time. Same Cancer Channel.


No comments:

Post a Comment